Monday, January 25, 2016

52 Project: The Year of 30

I am not the best journaler.

But this is a grand year. It is the year I turn 30.

My inspiration comes from the Life: Captured blog. Please go through their journaling and memory keeping archives. They are drool worthy and will make you wish you started documenting your life earlier (or maybe that was just me).

What I'm doing is called the 52 Project. I plan to take a portrait of myself each week in 2016. I will also try to do at least 1 journaling entry per week. At the end of the year, I will have it professionally printed in a Moleskine notebook. After starting this project, I have come to realize that MANY people have done it before so I have loved looking at all of the inspiration, mainly on Instagram. If you want to follow along with my story, I will be using the hashtag #kaisasyearof30

We are 3 weeks into the year and I can honestly say that the picture taking isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I am not a selfie taker so I assumed it would be awkward for me. Side note: there are PLENTY of awkward photos,

Here is Week 1: I wanted the first picture in the book to have no gimmicks. I wanted to see ME. That is why I took this straight on. I edited the photo with VSCO cam on my phone. I have Radlab on my computer, but I couldn't get a good enough edit so I transferred the file to my phone. I do this often because those VSCO filters are just so good.

Kaisa Creates // 52 Project Week 1



Here is Week 2: I wanted to show the wrinkles when I smile. I want smile wrinkles. When people look at me when I'm older, I want them to be able to see the happy life I've led. This photo was edited with Radlab.

Kaisa Creates // 52 Project Week 2

So far, this project has been really incredible and it inspired me to also do weekly pictures with my daughter. I don't quite know what I will do with those pictures yet. A Moleskine notebook is pushing $100 so I'm contemplating using a different medium.

Again, if you'd like to follow along, I will be posting on Instagram @kaisacreates

Until next time.

xoxo,

Kaisa

No comments:

Post a Comment